Sunday, November 11, 2007

"Bad Little Girl" (and other nonsense)

I was going through some old emails the other day (I printed out every email I ever received in my early days in the scene) and one phrase permeates a few of them: "bad little girl". In those early days, I would blush at the thought that an over 40 woman could be a "little girl" of any kind, much less a bad one. Now, when I see that phrase, it really makes me angry. I think the phrase angers me so much because of the punishment conotations; someone decided for me that they were in charge and would decide when I was a "bad little girl" in need of a spanking. At first, when someone would post a message to one of the groups I belonged to saying I was a "bad little girl", I would just protest and proclaim I was an angel. Now, the phrase rankles me to the point where it is almost an insult especially if the guy doesn't know "me", but simply my reputation as a brat. Now, when I'm playing I don't mind being called "young lady" or "Missy" or something, but I hate anything that starts with the adjective "little"; "little girl" or "little one" anger me. And I hate it when someone asks me, while playing, "Is this what bad little girls get?" or some other such nonsense. I have nothing against those who like those little scoldings, but if you're a Top ask if this is a desire or not. There are those of us out there who don't like it. This is usually coming from someone who wouldn't spank a real life "bad little girl" because he doesn't believe in spanking children. Well, if you don't believe in spanking children (for whatever reason) why are you spanking me and calling me a "bad little girl"? I can't explain it but as soon as I hear "bad little girl" or some version of it, the scene is usually ruined for me. I have told the people I play with that I just get spanked for fun. I am not a "bad little girl" and I don't get spanked for punishment. Most have been understanding. But there are still a few who persist in believing a 40+ year old woman can somehow be a "bad little girl". Now, I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have an inner child who needs to be spanked, nurtured, held accountable, or punished for being "bad". I am a grown woman and I demand to be treated that way, even when I'm over someone's knee getting a spanking. Another thing I think is absolutely ridiculous is standing in the corner. I will not do it for anyone. Now, as I always say, I have nothing against those who enjoy this, but for me, it's just too humiliating and would ruin what might otherwise be a very fun scene. Just another case of "different strokes for different folks". What I might find horrible and humiliating, another bottom might find fun. In fact, I know many bottoms who enjoy corner standing. I am just not one of them. In fact, I am not a fan of any behavior where a man has decided he's in charge and I will just do what he says. If, while we're playing, he scolds me by saying, "You've been a very naughty girl and now I have to spank you to help you remember not to be naughty", he will be met by a very loud "YAWNNNNNN". That tells him to go a different direction. Play should always be fun for both participants. If only one person is having fun it's time to speak up and I have no problem with that. Keep it fun and I can play all day! :)

1 comment:

Purple Angel said...

You are so right Cigi, play should be fun for both participants not just some fantasy one is playing out that the other does not enjoy. Too often I think Tops get into a certain mind set and believe all bottoms are the same and want the same treatment. Or, even worse, they don't care they just want to play in whatever way entertains them.
By the way I think the YAWN is an excellent tool for getting the point across, lol.
I may get disciplined but it is as an adult. I can't, won't, and don't do age regression for a variety of reasons. As far as I am concerened the only reason that matters is that I just don't do it and that's it. When I switch I also spank grown men not little boys, unless I am asked to. Its just a matter of respecting everyone's feelings and needs.
Hugs,
Purple Angel