Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

This is the day every year when people eat, watch football and give thanks; pretty much in that order. This includes me, of course. But the last few years I have had so much to be thankful for and I don't "give thanks" nearly as often as I should. Nor do I "give thanks" to Him who deserves it the most.
This year, as every year, I am thankful for one more year of being here with my family and friends. I am thankful that cancer hasn't beaten me yet and still hope for a day when it won't.
I am thankful to my doctors and the nurses who take care of me and my surgeons, etc. But I am also thankful to my scene friends who have been so encouraging and inspirational, making me laugh and cry and just being here for me in so many ways.
So today, before we start passing around the sweet potatoes and the turkey and stuffing, let's take a moment to bow our heads and give thanks to the One who has made everything possible. If, like me, you are feeling just a bit more thankful than on other days, thank the Lord sincerely for everything you have.
That, I promise, will be my one and only sermon of the year. Now, pass me the turkey!
Happy Thanksgiving to all my blog buddies and scene friends! You all mean the world to me.
That's all for now, Kiddies. Play nice and play safe!

4 comments:

Purple Angel said...

One of the things I give thanks for each and every day, are wonderful friends like you Cigi. Hope you had a great holiday, the same to all of you.
Hugs,
Purple Angel

Michael said...

Well said, Cigi. There is much to be thankful for and most of us don't give thanks as much as we should. Like Purple Angel said,I give thanks for wonderful friends which now includes you. :)

Michael

Dr. Ken said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Cigi, and I hope the upcoming Holiday season is a great one for you!

Dr. Ken

Unknown said...

Earthling...
Q: what's the MOST important objective
N our lifelong demise determined by us?
A: achieving Seventh-Heaven: in the
Great Beyond, e.very.thang is possible.

When our eternal soul leaves our body at death
and we riseabove to meet our Maker,
only four, last things remain:
death, judgement, Heaven or Hell
according to the deeds WEE mortals
have done in our Finite Existence.
Find-out what RCIA means and join.

PS° I'm a re-boot NDE:
if you're RIGHT,
you'll see the LIGHT -
follow that to the Elysian Fields.
Let's be tethered2forever Upstairs.

Make Your Choice -SAW