Friday, April 18, 2008

Current News

Since it's been a while since I blogged, I figured I would bring you up to date (since you're all obviously waiting with baited breath) on what's happening with me.

First of all, I managed to sleep through an earthquake. Can you believe it? We have an earthquake that registers 5.4 on the Richter Scale and neither Cheryl nor I woke up. I can see if I lived in California, where this is just considered a minor thing, but I live in Illinois and earthquakes are pretty rare. I thought 5.4 would be a pretty good shaking, but it didn't even knock our clock off the wall. I can sleep through an atomic bomb so I'm not surprised I slept through it. Not even an earthquake can make me get out of bed one minute before the alarm clock goes off.

Secondly, some of you know this and most of you don't. I have been fighting cancer for the last two years. I have had my ups and downs with it; going through chemotherapy, surgery to remove my cancerous right breast, 33 radiation treatments and continuing multiple drugs. I discovered early on that the cancer had spread to my bones.Three months ago I discovered the cancer had returned in the skin where my breast was. My surgeon left the extra skin so I could have reconstructive surgery. Now, that is out the window. I am on meds now and they seem to be working. I had a PET scan and it showed no spread to any of my organs. This was an immense relief.
Next Thursday I have an appointment with my oncologist to set up tests to find out if the lump in my left breast is also cancer. If it is, I will probably lose that breast too and have to have more chemo and more radiation.
I want to say right now that I am not posting this to get sympathy. Most of my friends in Crimson Moon know this has been an on-going battle. But there is probably going to be some major breaks in my blogging. I will try to keep everyone posted about how things are going with me.
I have been in two minds about posting about my health, mostly because this is supposed to be a blog about spanking, not about my health problems. But, as you may have noticed, I don't blog every day. In fact, there are some months where I only write one or two days. I still work full time (going to do this as long as I can) and I come home from work extremely tired. Sometimes all I can do is fall on the couch and eat if Cheryl forces me to. I am on some pretty strong meds, and quite frankly, sometimes I am just too loopy to write anything.
My spanking life is more important to me now, more than it's ever been, in fact. When someone tells you, "Life is too short for ______" believe them.
As I said, I will try to post as often as I can and I will certainly post updates for anyone who's interested. Right now all I can do is try to keep my positive attitude and ask you all to pray for me while I wait and find out what the verdict is.
I want to say that I appreciate you all as my friends and hope that this doesn't change your feelings about me. I have tried to be courageous and keep a positive attitude and my faith has been my strength through all this. But please don't think differently about me just because I'm ill. You'd really never know it to look at me, but I have been through the ringer with this and it looks like I may have to go through it again. Reading my friends' blogs keeps me laughing and laughter really is the best medicine.

That's all for tonight. Enjoy your evening! :-)

11 comments:

devlinoneill said...

No, no, no, no, NO! It isn't 'baited breath.' young lady - what do you think, we have fishing lures in our mouths? It's 'bated breath,' as in, our breathing has abated in expectation of whatever it is we're waiting for. This is a very serious error, so you just come to the front of the class, lift your skirts and bend over the desk.

What? You have a doctor's note? Well, tell your doctor to call me if and when I do any lasting damage to your impertinent bare behind, missy, because you WILL have a good, sharp and very strict paddling right here and now!The very idea!

-Professor O'Neill (who always hugs and forgives his girls after a paddling, whether they're sick or not. :-))

Michael said...

OOH, Cigi's in trouble, Cigi's in trouble. You certainly brought out the pedanticness in Professor O'Neill, young lady. Not that that's too hard to do considering he is a fussy old coot. Even though I'm not the one wielding the paddle, though I hope I get to watch, you'll get a BIG hug from me afterward.

You especially deserve a hug for everything you are going through. I didn't know about your health issues, Cigi, but I love your attitude, and this has most certainly NOT made me see you any differently. But I will think good thoughts and say a prayer or a hundred for you and I just know you will weather this storm.

As you say, keep on laughing as that is the best medicine.

BIG HUGS,

Michael

Anonymous said...

Cigi, I also didn't know about your health issues with cancer but I do somewhat know what you are going through. Cancer runs in my family and is one of the reasons why my mother died in 2004. My father has two types of cancer and he is slowly dying as well but he won't let it stop him.

My point in bringing this up is don't let cancer stop you from living your life. You wouldn't think my father was as sick as he is either by looking at him.

My heart and thoughts go out to you and your family in your time of need. Hopefully the lump in your left breast isn't cancerous and you will be in my thought and prayers.

Keep on laughing and don't ever give up on life. Life is too short and most of us know it a lot better than others. Hugs to you, Cigi!

Oh and this does NOT affect how I feel about you and it shouldn't to anyone anyway. If it does then THEY are at fault and don't know how to deal with it.

Hermione said...

Yep, Dev is correct about the breath-bating thing. (Er, you don't say, "A kick at the cat" too, do you?)

Never mind, I love your blog anyway, so don't let Devlin's pedanticity bother you. He just needs to spank someone and I'm out of reach.

Keep your chin up, and keep on laughing.

Big warm hugs from
Hermione

Michael said...

'...so don't let Devlin's pedanticity bother you. He just needs to spank someone and I'm out of reach.'

LOL! My, My, between the three of you Cigi, Hermione and Pest you'll be giving Dev an anxiety attack and even more gray hair than his Grecian Formula can keep up with. ;)

Hugs to three lovely brats. :)

Michael

Cigi said...

Dev--
Well, yes, I can sort of see you with a fishing lure in your mouth...falling for my bratting hook, line and sinker! lol

But, as I know you need to spank someone, I will take my spanks for the error.

Michael--
Of course, any time Dev actually has a chance to have me over his knee, you may certainly watch. A hug from you would be worth a spanking from him. :-) Thank you for the prayers and best wishes. This fight has been tough, but with the love of friends and family, and my faith I have gotten through it so far.

Pest--
I am so sorry to hear about your mother's death from cancer and your father's current illnesses. Watching someone slowly leave you is very hard...you are in MY prayers and thank you so much for your warm thoughts.

Hermione--
Thanks so much for your kind words about my blog. I know you have started one but I don't know the name of it. If you could let me know I'd appreciate it. Also is it ok if I put up a link to your blog on mine? I would be honored to do so.

I would also take that spanking if I weren't so far away...and Michael is right, Dev has been a tad cranky and grouchy lately...could it be he just needs to spank someone? *G*

Cigi said...

Dev--
Is my behind impertinent? I had no idea! I asked Cheryl to take a look at it for me and she agrees with you *pout*...

Maybe we should take a vote on it?LOL

Hugs,
Cigi

Hermione said...

Cigi, I would be delighted if you would include my link on your blog. It's hermionesheart.blogspot.com

I have added your blog to my 'Members of the Club'.

Hugs,
Hermione

Michael said...

'Maybe we should take a vote on it?'

Cigi, I would need to see your behind in the flesh before I could vote on its impertinence. From what I know about the rest of you, especially your naughty demeanor, I would say imnpertinance becomes you, and no doubt your behind is as impertinent as the rest of you. *G*

Michael

Michael said...

'Of course, any time Dev actually has a chance to have me over his knee, you may certainly watch. A hug from you would be worth a spanking from him.'

How lovely, Cigi. You are most kind. And never has one of my hugs come at such a high price. You flatter me. I'll see if I can get Dev to go easy on you, but that may not be what you want. ;)

BIG bear hug,

Michael

Clare B said...

Great post thank yoou